Friday, June 18, 2010

Remembering my Dad

Dear Pops,
This Sunday is Father's Day. It will be a sad day for me because I can no longer pick up the phone to call you and tell you how much I love you. I'm sorry I neglected to let you know just how much you meant to me when you were here. I guess that, like everything else, we get so busy we tend to forget that life is unpredictable and the minutes, hours, and days we take for granted can be cut short and ended in an instant. All we are left with is a void in our hearts and regret for not having said the things we meant to say when we "found" time. Well, that time is lost and I am so brokenhearted by your absence. I don't know what happens after we leave this earth. I don't know if you can hear me but I do know that I can still see you in my mind's eye and I can feel you in my heart and I want to tell you that I love you and miss you every day of my life. If there is an after-life, I hope that you will be there to welcome me when it is my time to go. It would make me so happy to see you again, have your arms around me and hear your voice. I will say it then as I am saying it now: I love you Daddy. I always have and always will. Your daughter, Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment