Thursday, February 24, 2011

Remembering Mom

Eloisa G. Cantu
February 24, 1933 -- March 2, 2004

Happy Birthday Mom!
Today you would have turned 78.

Mom, we all miss you so much. You were the glue that held our family together. We are not the same without you. Nothing is the same without you.

Mom, I miss talking to you, like we did just about every day. Sometimes, even now after so many years, I still - for a split second, start to call you. Then reality sinks in, and it hurts that I can't call you to ask you for a recipe, or with a question or just to tell you stuff that is happening. A big part of my life is empty without you. I appreciate everything you did to help me out when I needed it.
I never get too old to stop needing you. You gave me advice and comfort when I was in trouble or having difficulties. We talked and laughed about so many things, and reminisced about the "good old days" and about people we knew. We marveled at how much life was changing, for better or worse, and we wondered how our grandchildren and great-grandchildren would turn out.
Mom, you are forever on our minds and in our hearts.
Love always, Joyce
(and I'm sure I speak for everyone else: all your children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren)


No comments:

Post a Comment