http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/3503.Maya_Angelou
Maya Angelou quotes:
“Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good.”
“I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. ..I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as making a "life." I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance. I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back. I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision... I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone... I've learned that I still have a lot to learn. I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
“There's a world of difference between truth and facts. Facts can obscure truth.”
“I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision.”
“I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life.”
“Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet.”
“You may shoot me with your words, you may cut me with your eyes, you may kill me with your hatefulness, but still, like air, I'll rise!”
“One isn't necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We cannot be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest.”
“Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.”
“I do not need to know all things. I remind myself that it is sufficient that I know what I know and know that without believing that I will always know what I know or that what I know will always be true.”
"...It becomes easier to die and avoid conflict than to maintain a constant battle with the superior forces of maturity.”
“You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them..."
Maya Angelou quotes: http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/3503.Maya_Angelou?page=5
No comments:
Post a Comment