Hi. Today is Mother's Day and that brings so many memories of my mom and my grandma. Those of you who know me know that I was raised by my grandma, and then later on developed a relatively loving relationship with my mother. I miss them both terribly.
I wish I knew then, when I had them with me, what I know now about how special they were. I would have made a greater effort to spend more time with them and listen to them, instead thinking my time was too special and precious to waste it with them, or thinking I knew it all and that their advice was so eye-rolling old fashioned. I was wrong and it hurts now that I realize it.
They are gone and the most I can do now is to advise those of you who have your moms and/or grandmas to love them and treat them with the respect they deserve. Spend time with them.
To my Gramma and my mom: I'm sorry. I love you and miss you more than words can express. You are always in my heart and mind. Til' we meet again, your Joyce
So, that's it for my first blog. I know it was a bit sentimental, but hey, it's a special day. Till next time, mj
Happy Mother's Day, mom. From what I know, you were a loved and cherished daughter. And you are a loving and caring mother.
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's day.