Wednesday, July 14, 2010

JIMMY BUFFETT
I'm lying on the living room sofa watching a recorded Gulf Shores Jimmy Buffett concert on t.v. It brings to my mind the time Jef, the girls and I went to New Orleans to see a Katrina benefit concert that featured Jimmy Buffett. We didn't go early because we had learned that he wouldn't be on til later. Big mistake. It was so crowded it took us almost an hour to get up close to the stage. We picked out a small spot and STOOD there for the rest of the concert, which was about two hours. It was crowded and uncomfortable, but it was JIMMY BUFFETT!!
We had so much fun; Jef would lift the girls up on his shoulder one at a time so they could see, and they imitated the crowd, waving their arms in the air. They learned to love J.B. and many of his songs -- but their favorite song is Volcano. Bonnie would later say that she was going to marry him.
We made a vow on that day to attend other Jimmy Buffett concerts in the future and get there early -with folding chairs!
I guess I'm attending one tonight. Wish the girls were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment