Well, I saw my doctor on Wednesday and he said I DON'T have cancer! He told me this three times because I kept asking him if he was sure. He said the lesion was no longer visible, so it must have been nothing, but that the tests revealed serious herniation of 2 thoracic discs - T 7 and T8, and also that the bone just above the tail bone is inflamed and shows calcification (I fell on that about 15 years ago. I slipped on a wet floor, flew up in the air and landed on my lower back.) The doctor said my spine is collapsing and I need two weeks complete bed rest. Then it's a wait and see. Apparently surgery has fallen out of favor (yay) so bed rest, anti-inflammatory meds and being very careful are the new thing to do.
So there it is, I'm not dying. I don't know why the nuclear bone scan guy asked me if I was in treatment yet which made me feel that for a certainty I had cancer. Then again, I was sedated and I might have heard wrong.
I'm pretty sure I know how I hurt my back, now that I know what's wrong with me and have had time to think about it.
We have a two-panel wooden fence between our property and the next door neighbors. Last year a strong wind blew it down. Jeffrey lifted it up and put bricks against it, but it blew back down. I hated the way it looked so I ran up to Home Depot, bought two of those green steel fence posts and came back home and yes, I did, I LIFTED that two-panel fence and stuck the posts in to hold them up. My back hurt that night, but I figured it would go away. It seemed to, but little by little I started to feel "pressure" on the left side of my spine. It didn't hurt, but whenever I was on my feet too long, I had pain that started under my left ribs and extended to my back. It was relieved by rest.
So, let this be a lesson to all: don't abuse your body by thinking you're stronger than you are, Ha! Ha!
I want to thank everyone who showed concern for me, for your emails, phone calls and your prayers! I appreciate it very much. Love to all, Joyce
No comments:
Post a Comment