Monday, July 19, 2010

Life is complicated. Just when you think you have it down it goes and changes. The longer I live, the more I am amazed at how different things are now than in my youth, how you always feel you miss something, and for everything you gain, there are things you lose. Maybe that is the “circle of life,” but it is never completely comprehensible.

If I could go back in time to my past, perhaps I would make many changes, especially in those areas that affected my education, my prospects of getting and keeping a good career and certainly my choices in my love life.

However, there are things more important than the past, education, success and/or money. Things such as love, loyalty, honesty, understanding, friendship and family. I believe that you never use or abuse others, or treat anyone with disrespect or intolerance.

There are times when I do wish I could go back in time and freeze-frame the happiest moments. If I could go back in time now, would I do anything differently so that things would turn out more favorable for me? Knowing what I know now, would I hold back from speaking my mind, from speaking what I know to be truth? No, I don’t think that I could do anything differently because I know who and what I am, and to do things differently would go against all I am and that I stand for. As much as possible, I do not lie nor invent things. I am not perfect and I do make mistakes, but I am not a malicious person. I most certainly am not one who does anything to hurt my own loved ones.

I will however, forever stand behind my family, loyal and fierce as a bulldog, always ready to protect, defend and avenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment