I try to be pleasant and friendly to everyone as much as possible. I go out of my way to be accommodating, helpful, and encouraging. If I think someone is doing something wrong, or not correctly, I try to kindly instruct if I can, to show a proper or better or more efficient way. I DO NOT DO ANYTHING TO ANYONE WITH MALICE -- unless they are attacking me.
I do not resort to making "threats" or to telling lies, spreading lies or manipulation or "brain-washing" against anyone despite what anyone says or chooses to believe. I do not steal, ruin or sabotage other peoples things. I firmly believe that when you do such things, there is something seriously wrong with you and that it will unravel on you sooner or later. I firmly believe that having the sword of TRUTH on my side is the best weapon against the slings of arrows from liars and betrayers. JUSTICE will prevail.
I acknowledge that I am possessive and obsessive. I admit that I do stupid or desperate things sometimes. But when I do these things it is with the best of intentions, and what in my heart feels like the right thing to do for the sake of those that I love and want to protect. I'm not saying I'm always right, but a lot of the times I am. With age comes experience and with experience comes wisdom. It's not a useless quote.
While I have turned to religion at many points in my life (out of personal need or otherwise),I don't believe religion should be used as a control mechanism or as a testament to anyone's piety. Faith is personal, you come into this life alone, and you will die alone, so therefore you are responsible and accountable only for your actions.
I believe in righteousness, responsibility, accountability, remorse and atonement. I believe you do not hurt others, nor justify doing so, for the sake of your convenience or selfish pursuits.
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." - Winston Churchill
As a mother, I believe in doing all that I can to facilitate things for my children. I have made many mistakes throughout my life, mostly personal, therefore I try to use my experiences to help them navigate their way through life. If at any time I have interfered and pointed things out to them, it was NOT for my benefit, but theirs. I would never invent any circumstances or situations for my sake. I am a MOTHER, and whatever I have said or done was for my child. I have gone beyond what most parents would do for their kids, so why would I set out to destroy any of their lives or their rights to happiness? Only a clueless idiot would believe that about me after all the evidence to the contrary.
I call it as I see it. Therefore, if any of my children choose to disregard my advice or warnings, then it is on them. I can't do more. They have to learn on their own and accept the consequences of their actions.
If any of my friends or family, however close, choose to join another in an attack on me, based on falsehoods or plain maliciousness, I will defend myself with Truth. My heart may be wounded, but I am not going to roll over and die. As long as I know I have the truth, I will not back down, I will not cower. ~ Justice is the crowning glory of the virtues. -Marcus Tullius Cicero
I tell everyone who first meets me, I am so easy to get along with. If I make mistakes or get on your nerves, just tell me, I will try to change or correct whatever it is. BUT don't ever hurt ANY of my family or get in the way between me and them. You may see before you an old lady but this old lady comes with many battle scars. I believe in forgiveness, but I only give it when it is deserved. I believe in fairness, and in fairness I will use that sword of TRUTH and the shield of JUSTICE. If you fight dirty, I will fight with all of the armament of the truth and if it means tit for tat, an eye for an eye - meaning that for every wrong there is a compensating measure of justice, then so be it. What I have helped build up, I can and will bring down. I make no threats. I've learned, bitterly, that promises can be broken, so I only give assurances.
In the meantime, let's rejoice the short and fleeting life we are given on this earth, and learn to live with compromises that are amenable to all for the sake of those we love the most and who deserve our utmost mature parental behavior - our children/grandchildren. If YOU find it impossible to do so, then you are the one with the problem, and we'll go from there...
Well, you have nothing left to lose.
ReplyDelete