Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ode to A Lost Mind

Who would have you believe
That I have quite lost my mind?
Played out so to deceive
That is without a doubt so unkind

What a deliberate smear
My mind's as ubiquitous as the blue sky
I ask, isn't it just crystal clear
It's all been a great lie?

It's not my mind that is lost
Like things most cherished
Yes, things that meant the most
Bobbles and beads, gone,perished?

This ode I do pen
To bring into focus
Hoping to bring to end
The fake, the sham, the bogus.

Searched and not spied
The lost, the gone, the missing
For so many I've cried
Not a one am I "dissing"

Understand, I really have tried
To make sense of your obsession
Apathy to my plaintive sigh
For every lost possession

Made out to appear a fool
Paranoid and delusional
Vanquisher, capricious of rule
March to your confessional!

The mind is old and tattered
Mistakes made, I admit
But never torn or scattered
Any I've promised to commit

Don't you think that those who say
Such things would care to help find
My mind, if it was truly lost?
Just like they'd help if I were blind

So, why have you believe
That I've lost my mind?
It's not impossible to conceive
the real reason to be so maligned?

No comments:

Post a Comment